IIUM PHOTONICS AND RADIATION RESEARCH GROUP
What We Do
The vision of PPRG is to be recognized as an excellent higher-education photonics & radiation engineering Research Centre. The mission of PPRG is to produce high quality research in the area of photonics and radiation engineering. The outcome from the research is to help meet the needs of society and assist the government in making decisions in the area of photonics and radiation engineering.
Objectives of PPRG
- to become a centre for discussion from various department in IIUM in regards to research activities in the area of photonic and radiation engineering.
- to conduct research activities that contribute to the development of photonics and radiation based engineering
RESEARCH GROUP MEMBERS
Unlocking the Mysteries of Science
Assoc Prof Dr Nurul Fadzlin Hasbullah
Assoc Prof Dr Mohamed Hadi Habaebi
Dr Suriza Ahmad Zabidi
Dr Belal Ahmed Hamida
Dr Norazlina Saidin
Dr Mohd Shahnan Zainal Abidin
Dr Aliza Aini Binti Md Ralib
Dr Nurul Arfah Che Mustapha
Dr Norhanis Aida Binti Mohd Nor
Dr Nur Idayu Binti Ayob
Dr Mohd Shahrin Bin Abu Hanifah
AREA OF RESEARCH
Core Research Areas:
Radiation hard electronics
-Optical characterization of semiconductor devices
- Visible light communication
- Electrical and optical characterization of electronic devices with nuclear and electromagnetics radiation
- Optical Fiber Laser and Amplifier: Fiber lasers and amplifier for Er,Tm,Yb rare earth doped fiber including co-doping various element.
- Fiber characterization, continuous wave(CW) and pulsed lasers: active and passive fiber optic devices. Gain amplification. Optical communication. Nonlinear effect.
- Fiber optic sensors – visible and infrared, taper fiber, nanostructure
- Optical based sensors for volatile organic compound sensing
- Optical lenses
Want to learn more about our research projects?
Thanks for your interest in our research. Get in touch with us for any questions or comments regarding our work and publications. We’d love to hear from you.